Monday 20 October 2008

The Naruwan Centre, LongShan Temple MRT



snail on chopsticks
Originally uploaded by orange tuesday
Here's Steph eating a snail. This is one of the aboriginal dishes available at the newly opened Naruwan Centre. They have some other unusual dishes as well, like raw meat from Wulai (I'm not sure whether it's the one featured on Bizarre Foods - Andrew Zimmern), pine juice (taste fresh, just like the smell) and pumpkin ice cream. I tried custard apple ice cream - a little icey but the taste was creamy.

The Saturday we went, there was live music and a great atmosphere. Aboriginal people are great musicians and very outgoing. At one time, they grabbed me and I ended up doing a dance around the centre with some of the people working there. They are genuinely friendly.

Unfortunately, I can't find their card at the moment or their address on the internet. The only directions I can give are; go down the night market that passes the 'tourist night market' and carry on until the end of the road. On the opposite side is the Naruwan Centre. Naruwan means 'welcome' in one of the Taiwanese aboriginal languages.

No comments: